Total Degree Hours: 60
The A.A.S. in HTM - Barrel Horse Training provides students with the skills to train the barrel horse (body control). Upon completion of the degree, students will be able to take a green or older horse and train it on barrels.
Program graduates will be able to:
1. Effectively demonstrate proficiency in chores and tasks required for working safely in a barn environment.
2. Illustrate and apply professional employability skills, such as the importance of being timely and providing quality care for animals.
3. Develop and produce a barrel horse that can walk into an arena calmly.
4. Operate and guide a horse on execution of the barrel pattern.
5. Exhibit a working knowledge of speed and speed rating on a barrel pattern in accordance with current industry standards.
6. Successfully demonstrate their ability to monitor, communicate with, and prepare a horse for competition, to include personal competition on the said horse for the purpose of rating the horse’s speed.