College Catalog 2021-2022 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Agriculture Transfer (Agronomy, Business, Economics, Education, Extension, Equine or Animal Science, Farm and Ranch Management), A.G.S.
Total degree hours: 60
This plan of study prepares students who are considering transferring into four-year programs within Agricultural Business, Agricultural Education, Agricultural Extension, Agronomy, Animal Science, Equine Science, Farm and Ranch Management, Pre-vet, and Agricultural Communications. By the end of the program students should be able to communicate effectively on agricultural and natural resource concepts, relate business concepts to agriculture, and demonstrate an awareness for issues related to the agricultural sector, natural resource policies, and rural community development.
Program graduates will be able to:
- Illustrate desirable professional abilities for employment, including self-motivation, self-awareness, teamwork, flexibility, stress management, and providing quality care for animals.
- Accurately recognize basic business concepts and policies and how they relate to agriculture in order to provide effective service.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques as applied to agricultural and natural resource concepts.
- Discuss and defend a general knowledge in agricultural industry by discovering, analyzing and applying current trends and industry needs toward innovative solutions.
- Identify and apply concepts of breeding, physiology, nutrition, herd-health, economics and management into practical and profitable animal production programs.
- Analyze, identify and implement management decisions that impact agricultural production and finances, to include implementation of appropriate technology in common production scenarios.